Dana Tsyconyea StarByrd, LMHC, MA, ATR

Expressive Art Therapist, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Massage Therapist, NLP, CCHT, Transpersonal Somatic Therapist, SandTray Therapy
Longmont CO
I work with clients in person, virtually via zoom, or through individualized mini 3 day or group retreats.
I started in the Healing field in 1997 & into the World of Shamanic Healing with Plant medicines in 1999 in Machu Picchu located in Peru. At the time I didn't even know what plant medicine was. Preparation and Integration was never talked about back then. What I have found is the Medicine work is only 10% of the Journey. The other 90% comes from Preparation and Integration. Without Integration what was shown to you in a Medicine Journey quickly fades from memory and the lessons lost to just an experience while the gains in Neuroplasticity are lost and the dendrites prune themselves back to pre-journey status. With Integration within 48 hours after a journey, the dendrites continue to grow and you begin to embody and integrate your experience into a lived experience where true change can take place. This is why I am so passionate about preparation and integration learning from my own lived experience and the several year journey working and healing my own trauma's. I am a trained MAPS MDMA Therapist and worked on the Mt-1 research helping to provide the experiential portion for healthy volunteers. I started doing harm reduction and peer to peer counseling in 2013 through the Zendo and have been on the MAPS integration list since 2014. I hold a Master's in Clinical Counseling & Art Therapy through Southwestern College in Santa Fe, NM and Have been a Licensed Bodyworker since 2004. My specialization is in Complex Trauma through the Trauma Research Institute among many other places. The Body really does keep the score. I hold certifications in Interpersonal Neurobiology, Humane Sexuality, Ecotherapy, and in Trauma, Grief, & Renewal. I am a certified Being True to You Coach in Transformational Recovery, PsychoSpiritual Integration, and Psychedelic Prep & Integration. My early training in energy work compliments the work I do with BioEnergetic Wellness as a NES Health practitioner. I invite you to reach out if you would like to learn more.
I offer ongoing 6 week group integration circles. I work with VETS, BIPOC, & LGBTQ communities