Starting a psychedelic therapy practice can feel overwhelming.
As a therapist starting a psychedelic therapy clinic, there are many considerations to be aware of including medical safety, the role of prescribers and therapists, insurance, training, ethics, set and setting, and more.
Join Psychedelic Support for a discussion about about how to get involved with psychedelic therapy as a therapist with Integrative Psychiatry Institute’s Co-Founders Keith Kurlander, MA, LPC and Will Van Derveer, MD. We will explore the the do’s and don’ts of starting a psychedelic therapy practice, and where to start in the psychedelic therapy space. Hear from Mr. Kurlander and Dr. Van Derveer about the future of psychedelic clinics and the best-practices for ketamine-assisted therapy practices, the only legal medicine within the mental health treatment model currently available outside of research within the United States.
Follow your CuriositySign up to receive our free psychedelic courses, 45 page eBook, and special offers delivered to your inbox.
Getting to Know Keith Kurlander, MA, LPC
Keith Kurlander, MA, LPC is the Co-Founder of the Integrative Psychiatry Institute (IPI) and Integrative Psychiatry Centers (IPC), and the co-host of the Higher Practice Podcast. The Integrative Psychiatry Institute hosts one of the most comprehensive psychedelic therapy trainings for mental health care professionals. He brings a professional and personal passion toward innovating the field of mental healthcare with psychedelic therapy. He graduated Naropa University in 2005 with a master’s degree in Counseling Psychology, and he has practiced integrative psychotherapy and coaching with individuals, couples and groups for over 15 years. After years of treating highly complex patients, as well as a personal journey of overcoming complex trauma and mental illness, he turned toward integrative psychiatric practices and psychedelics as a key component to achieving mental health and understanding the healing process.
Getting to Know Will Van Derveer, MD
Will Van Derveer, MD is Co-Founder of the Integrative Psychiatry Institute (IPI) and Integrative Psychiatry Centers (IPC), and the co-host of the Higher Practice Podcast. The Integrative Psychiatry Center in Boulder, CO provides integrative psychiatry and ketamine-assisted psychotherapy for treatment-resistant depression and PTSD.In addition to his teaching, he has been a co-investigator and sub-investigator on studies sponsored by MAPS investigating MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for chronic, treatment-resistant PTSD, now in Phase III under break-through designation by FDA.
Emphasizing the role of trauma as a key under-recognized cause of a wide range of human suffering is a central message of his clinical work, teaching, research, and writing, due in part to his personal journey healing his own childhood trauma. Dr. Van Derveer is a diplomate of the American Board of Integrative Medicine (ABOIM). He earned his M.D. from Vanderbilt University and B.A. from University of Pennsylvania.
Resources for Ketamine & Starting a Psychedelic Therapy Practice
- Integrative Psychiatry Centers Website
- Higher Practice Podcast
- Ketamine Treatment Guide for Mental Health
- Improving Ketamine Mileage
- What is Ketamine Treatment For?
- Understanding Psilocybin Legalization in Oregon and Colorado
- How to Become a Psychedelic Therapist – Psychedelic Training Programs
- IPI Online Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy Training Program
- Ketamine-Assisted Therapy Training for Clinicians
- Ketamine Rainfall Medical Module
- The Embrace of Space: Music for Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy Sessions
- Advanced Topics in Ketamine & Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT) Therapy in Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy
- Ketamine: Therapeutic Applications, Clinical Research, and Neural Mechanisms
Psychedelic Support Network Resources
- Join Psychedelic Support’s monthly speaker series each month! Find the schedule and register here.
- Connect with a psychedelic practitioner in the Psychedelic Support Network Directory.
- Learn about the field of psychedelics with Psychedelic Support’s continuing education courses.
- Apply for a scholarship to cover the cost of an educational course.
- Sign up for a clinical trial.